2012年4月26日星期四

Baked goods get geeky with Darth Vader cake pan and more

Earlier this week,A wireless indoortracking system is described in this paper. the cake decorating powerhouse Wilton announced it would be re-releasing its Darth Vader cake pan after more than 30 years.

It also got me wondering just what else is out there for those of us who, like me, like to do a little pastry decorating on the side?

The R2-D2 pan is tempting, though I’d use an actual photo as a model to get the colors right. You’d think they’d have been more careful about that.

In the past, I’ve bought an old Superman/Batman pan on eBay (it came with plastic heads and symbols so you can make either one, but I think I’ll just draw the designs). There are actually a few designs available for those characters. Also currently available on eBay are Wonder Woman, Super Mario, Power Ranger, Optimus Prime, Powerpuff Girls and He-Man, plus a generic space ship and dozens of comic and cartoon characters.

Over at Williams-Sonoma, they have cookie cutters and mini-cake pans with Marvel superheroes, plus a bunch of “Star Wars” stuff, from cookie cutters to pancake molds to spatulas. Aprons for both, too. I especially like the Spider-Man comic book cover cutters. I wish they’d do those for DC.

“Star Trek” fans haven’t been nearly as lucky with licensed products. No Enterprise cake pans. No Spock cookie cutters. No Tribble cakelet pans. But that hasn’t stopped fans, of course.

I’ve done red-shirt cookies and decorated a brownie in the shape of a starship for “Star Trek: Osiris” cast parties (the webseries I’m part of). You can find some “Trek” cookie cutters online, but nothing official. I keep looking at those cookie cutter-making kits so I could do a Federation symbol.Credit Card Processing and Merchant Services from merchantaccountes.

“Doctor Who” fans have been left to their own devices,3rd minigame series of magiccube! as well.Dimensional Mailing magiccubes for Promotional Advertising,

There are countless websites with geeky goodies other professional and amateur bakers have made. I’ve mentioned Neatorama’s 15 Great Geeky Gingerbread People & Homes before. And that’s just a small sample. Just Jenn is another source of fun, geeky baked goods.

So with a little creativity, there are lots of ways two of my worlds can (and will) collide — yours,Offers Art Reproductions Fine Art oilpaintings Reproduction, too, if you’re so inclined. Happy baking!

没有评论:

发表评论